Server Upgrade 2011
It's amazing to me that enough is never enough and here I am once again upgrading servers that I have in my racks in the basement. Of course that's good because it means I have the business to justify such expenditures and expense.
This particular upgrade is not entirely encompassing and thus only pertains to a subset of the technology:
- Replace PE860 MySQL server with a more robust SC1425.
- Replace the hard drives (250gb) in the NAS cluster with 1TB drives.
- Add a new webserver, D11, configured uniquely for a new customer.
- Replace the private LAN 10/100 switch with a 10/100/1000 switch.
- Relocate various pieces of equipment to allow an increase in density, use shorter patch cords, a more logical layout, etc.\